Claudio Monteverdi: Madrigals Books IV & V
These 39 secular madrigals represent "the peak of the music that Monteverdi produced in the first half of his life" (Grove's Dictionary) and are essential to the repertoire of serious vocal students. Amateurs and professionals alike will enjoy the new English translations printed alongside the most reliable Italian text. Preface and translations by Stanley Appelbaum.
Reprint of Tomo IV and Tomo V of Tutte le opere di Claudio Monteverdi, published "nel Vittoriale degli Italiani," 1927.
- - Composer: Monteverdi, Claudio
- - 272 Pages
- - Year of Publishing: 11-30-2011
- - Instrumants: SATB
- - Arrangement Format: Vocal Score
- - Langiuage: Ebglish, Italian
- - Genres: Baroque, Renaissance
- - Media: Sheet Music
- - Publisher: Dover Publications
|Contributors||Monteverdi, Claudio (Composer)|