Singing For Dummies (2nd Edition)
Learn to take your singing skills to the next level. Grasp the importance of posture and breath control. Prepare for auditions and performances. Sing along with the recorded exercises on the accompanying CD.
Whether you're a beginning vocalist or a seasoned singer, this practical guide gives you step-by-step instructions and lots of helpful tips, hints, exercises, and advice on the mechanics of singing, discovering your range, developing technique, singing in performance, and maintaining vocal health.
- - Be rock solid - get up-to-speed with the basics of singing and master posture, breathing, and tone
- - Get moving and grooving - improve your singing by getting the hang of tone, resonance, vowels, and constonants
- - Belt your heart out - move on to more advanced techniques like working with your speaking voice and belting
- - Find your musical style - get great suggestions for singing in different genres, including classical, country, jazz, musical theatre, opera, pop, or R&B
- - Author: Phillips, Pamelia S.
- - Series: For Dummies
- - 342 Pages
- - Year of Publication: 01-01-2011
- - Instrumant: Voice
- - Arrangement Format: Vocal Tutor
- - Language: English
- - Media: Book, CD
- - Publisher: Inc., J. Wiley & Sons Publishing
|Contributors||Phillips, Pamelia S. (Author)|