Alberto Bachmann: An Encyclopedia of the Violin
First published in 1925, Alberto Bachmann's renowned reference remains unsurpassed as a source of essential information on all aspects of the violin. It traces the evolution of technique from the 1800s onwards, in addition to examining the violin's construction and manufacture, listing American and European makers, and offering a biographic section on chamber music ensembles.
- 73 rare photographs
- Exploration of sound, style and construction
- Introduction by legendary violinist, Eugene Ysaye
- Glossary of music and musical terms
- - Author: Bachmann, Alberto
- - Translator: Martens, Frederick H.
- - Pages: 472
- - Year of Publications: 05-12-2008
- - Instruments: Violin
- - Arrangement Format: Instrumental Reference
- - Language: English
- - Media: Book
- - Publisher: Dover Publications
|Contributors||Martens, Frederick H. (Translator); Bachmann, Alberto (Author)|