Andy Hampton: Saxophone Basics (Pupil's Book)
Saxophone Basics Series is a landmark method for beginner saxophone players by one of the leading figures in saxophone education, Andy Hampton. Comprising pupil’s tutor book, teacher’s book with accompaniment parts and an array of online resources.
Saxophone Basics Pupil's book (with CD) offers a fresh design, clear technical drawings, fun illustrations, new activities, pull-out fingering chart, and of course all of the great tunes featured in the original Saxophone Basics. Starting at absolute beginner level and progressing to Grade 2, it contains:
- a wide range of repertoire, including original pieces and well-loved favorites from every genre
- warm-ups and fun original exercises
- invaluable fact files, quizzes, and technical advice covering notation, general musicianship, and care of the instrument
- helpful fingering diagrams and rhythm boxes
- duets throughout – ideal for group teaching
- pull-out fingering chart to pin on your wall
- CD containing a piano and saxophone accompaniments to play along with.
There is a separate Teacher's book available for both Alto Saxophone and Tenor Saxophone, which offer tips on how to approach new techniques and motivate young players. These would be particularly helpful for teachers who are not saxophone specialists.
- - Author: Andy Hampton, Various
- - Publisher: Faber Music
- - Arrangement Format: Instrument Solo
- - Instruments: Saxophones
- - Genre: Educational
- - Difficulty: Beginner
- - Grades: Pre-Grade 1, Grade 1, and Grade 2
- - 56 Pages
|Contributors||Hampton, Andy (Composer)|